New service allows passengers to fly into Denver and be driven to the Breckenridge ski slopes on luxury bus
Beginning March 11, United will start daily service to Breckenridge (QKB). The airline is teaming up with Landline – a premium ground transportation company – to offer the connecting service through Denver International Airport (DEN). Customers can book their travel on united.com starting today, selecting Breckenridge as their destination.
Secure Airside Connections
Passsengers connecting to Breckenridge at Denver will transfer to the Landline service from an assigned gate in Concourse A, remaining within the secure airside area of the terminal. Checked-in baggage will be transferred directly from the plane to the bus. Customers originating in Breckenridge will be required to pass through security on transit in DEN.
Clean & Safe Service
Keeping passenger wellbeing at the forefront, United and Landline will be implementing a wide variety of cleaning and safety measures as part of the new service, all of which have been reviewed by the Cleveland Clinic. These measures include:
- Back-to-front boarding;
- Reducing seat capacity on Landline’s service to enable social distancing onboard;
- Requiring mandatory use of masks onboard for customers aged two and over;
- Electrostatically spraying ahead of each departure and sanitizing high touch areas;
- Implementing a UV disinfection air filtration system launched by OEM (Prevost) on all vehicles;
- Providing United CleanPlusSM sanitizing wipes to each customer; and
- Requiring customers to complete a ‘Ready to Fly’ checklist at check-in, acknowledging they don’t have symptoms for COVID-19 and agreeing to follow our policies.
In addition, United MileagePlus® members will be able to accrue Premier qualifying points (PQP) and redeemable miles on services to both destinations.
Source: News Release